- What is BBPS?
Bharat Bill Pay System (BBPS) is an integrated online ecosystem that connects 35 lakhs offline collection centres and 150+ digital payment channels including major UPI apps for all kinds of bill payments. A single integration, often facilitated by payment aggregators like Cashfree gives you access to this huge network which enables you to provide multiple payment options for your customers, both online and offline.
- What is a biller?
The billers are entities that generate the recurring bills to be paid. A few common examples are:
- Electricity boards with the electricity bills
- NBFCs with loan repayment
- Insurance companies with premium payments
- Housing facilities with rents
- Clubs and associations with membership charges
- Broadband and cable TVs with usage bills
- How can I collect bill payments from UPI apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay etc.?
Cashfree’s Biller solution for BBPS helps you collect bills from all major UPI apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, and more with a single integration that connects you to the BBPS network. You can start the integration process with the following steps:
- Express your interest here.
- Our BBPS expert will reach out to you at the earliest to take the next steps on onboarding agreement and provide you complete integration support.
- Post integration, the Cashfree team supports you to do end-to-end testing and enables you to start collecting bill payments on the BBPS network within 3 weeks.
- Is there any transaction limit for payments through BBPS?
The transaction limits are dependent on the mode of payment. For example, if the customer is making the payment through an UPI app, the UPI transaction limits would be applicable for the BBPS transaction.
- What is the settlement cycle for BBPS?
BBPS works on a T+1 settlement cycle. The billers get fast and guaranteed settlements for transactions through BBPS within 24 hours after the payment is made.
- How long does it take to be live on the BBPS network as a biller?
With Cashfree’s Biller solution for BBPS, you can integrate and go live as a biller in less than 3 weeks. To start integrating, reach out to our BBPS expert here
- What are the charges for using BBPS to collect your bill payments?
The charges per transaction vary from category to category. To get the best pricing for your business category, please reach out to us here.
- What is NPCI?
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) oversees the BBPS payments system, managing clearing and settlement for transactions routed through it. It sets business standards, rules, and technical procedures for all market participants. Additionally, NPCI regulates BOUs, authorized entities responsible for onboarding billers onto the BBPS platform.
Updated 2 months ago