To get started with Cashfree you must first create an account. To create an account,
- Go to the Cashfree website and click Create Account.
- Enter your Work Email Address and enter a password for your Cashfree account in the Create Password field. You will need this password to login later.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Enter your company details, i.e, your company Contact Number, Website URL/Application Link, and your Monthly Transaction Volume (INR). Click Next.
- Select one or more solutions that you looking for. Select Others if you do not find a solution relevant for your business, and enter the details. Our account manager will get in touch with you to understand your requirements in detail.
- Click Complete Signup. You will receive a verification email. Click the link in the email to verify your email address.
- Sign in to your Cashfree account using the credentials.
By default, you are in the production environment. Click Switch to Test to access the test environment. Use the test environment to familiarise yourself with the dashboard, explore how to integrate, and also use it to test the products before starting to use the products in the production environment.
Before you start transacting with your customers, you must verify your email and activate your account.
You must activate your account to access the production environment. To activate the account, you must first fill in details about your business and upload and submit the required documents.
Follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Merchant home page and click ACTIVATE on the desired product.
- Fill in the details and submit. These details will be sent for verification.
After successful verification, you can access the production environment for your business transactions.
To help you keep your account secure, below are a few recommendations from Cashfree:
Keep your Cashfree password secure
Your password should be unique to Cashfree account and known only to you. We recommend you to not reuse this password for multiple services or websites. You can update your password in Account Settings.
Use Aliases/Users to provide access to your Cashfree account for other users
You can provide others with access to your account with the desired permissions. You get complete visibility of their actions. We recommend you to not share your password with anyone.
Maintain confidentiality of your API Keys
It is unique to your account. Anyone who gets to know your API credentials can make an API request for your account. If you think your API Keys may be compromised, you can always generate new API Keys in Access Control.
Update Two-Factor authentication
By default, as a mandatory security feature, SMS OTP is used for two-factor authentication while performing key actions on your merchant dashboard. You can enable an alternative mechanism in Two-Factor Authentication.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication on new devices/browsers
We recommend you to enable two-factor authentication on logins from a new device or browser for every user of your account. You can enable this feature in Security Preferences.
Beware of phishing
If you receive an email or SMS from us that you don't expect, then do not enter your password after clicking on the link. Generally, the phishing message might ask you to visit a link, download a file, complete a form, or open an attachment.
Always check if the link has a cashfree.com domain and is HTTPS. To protect your system against automated attacks and malware, we recommend enabling automatic updates for your Operating System and Browser.
What to do if you suspect fraud
Cashfree takes customer reports of fraudulent activity very seriously. If you think your account is compromised, or that a fraudster is actively using your account, then you should:
If you suspect an attack, contact Cashfree Customer Support immediately or contact the Cashfree team at [email protected]
Change your password
You can block unauthorized user access by changing the password. If aliases/users have access to the account, their passwords should be changed. We recommend using a strong password with uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters. You can change your password in Account settings. If you have forgotten your password, click here to reset it.
Delete and generate new API Keys
Changing your password can prevent the fraudster from logging into the account, but they can still use the API if they have your API Keys. To prevent a fraudster from making an API request, you should remove all existing API Keys and generate new sets of API Keys. Anyone with the old API Keys will no longer be able to make API requests. Manage your API Keys in Access Control.
Updated 10 days ago