UPI or Unified Payments Interface is an immediate real-time payment system that helps in instantly transferring the funds between the two bank accounts.
You can accept payments from customers through UPI apps such as Google Pay, BHIM UPI and PhonePe, and also directly by entering the UPI VPA. Cashfree supports two types of integration methods, you can select the method which best suits your business.
The seamless UPI API flow allows merchants to collect UPI payments. The primary API is used to create a collect request to customers phone. Once the payment is confirmed a callback will be sent to the notifyUrl. As an alternate, Order Status API also can be used to poll the status of the order. To improve the success rates & to validate VPA use Cashfree Payments VRS product.
Available UPI Modes
- Collect: Send a collect request to a particular user VPA.
- Google Pay: Send direct notification to google pay for the customers to make the payment. Customers can also enter the phone number to complete the payment. To use this mode, verify your VPA and do a penny test on the Google Pay Dashboard. Google Pay will send the MID to Cashfree. This will enable GPay OMNI channel flow.
- QR Code: Customer can scan and pay the QR code using any UPI app.
- Link: Pay using a UPI scheme link using any UPI app.
- Intent: Customers select the UPI app on the device to make the payment.
Click here to know more.
With UPI intent you can provide customers with a smoother payment experience through UPI without them having to switch between multiple applications to complete the payment.
- Better success rates and faster payments - There is no dependency on UPI app notifications and payment request SMS.
- Customers do not have to remember their UPI VPAs to make the payments
- Customers have the flexibility to use any UPI application available on their mobile device to make the payment.
- Customer adds items to their cart available on your website or application and proceeds to make the payment.
- Customer selects UPI as the preferred payment method. A list of available UPI apps on their device supporting the intent flow will be displayed.
- Customer selects their preferred application to make the payment.
- The selected UPI application opens with all the required details pre-populated.
- Customer enters their UPI PIN to complete the payment.
- Customer will be redirected to your application or website immediately after the payment.
If you have any questions, contact your account manager or click here to submit them.
If you are new to Cashfree Payments, please sign up with us here.
UPI Intent Flow for Web Checkout on Mobile - UPI intent flow is supported by default for checkout integration on mobile.
UPI Intent Flow for Mobile SDK - UPI intent flow is supported for Android, iOS and other hybrid platforms like React Native and Flutter. Customers can make payments using any of the UPI applications available on the device. For example, if a customer has installed BHIM and GooglePay, only those two applications will be available to make the payment.
Create and share UPI payment links with your customers to accept payments via UPI applications. To create a UPI payment link you need first add your product and customer details. You can share the payment link via SMS, email, Whatsapp or any other platform. To make payments, customers must click the URL that you have sent, and a list of UPI apps installed on their mobile will be displayed. Customers can select any UPI app and complete the payment. A maximum amount of rupees 1 Lakh can be collected using the UPI payment link. Click here to know more.
You can now generate QR code on your website checkout page and make it visible to your customers so that they can scan and pay using any UPI app.
Watch the video to see how UPI Dynamic QR code works.
Your customers add the required items to the cart and proceed paying through their preferred payment method. Now they should enter their VPAs or mobile number that is linked to their UPI in the Checkout page. They now open the respective UPI application and complete the payment. Post this, your customers will be redirected to your URL after a successful payment.
Watch the video to see how UPI Collect Flow works.
NPCI Restrictions for UPI Collect Flow
MCC 4812: The maximum amount is limited to ₹5,000 per transaction for UPI Collect flow.
MCC 4814: The maximum amount is limited to ₹5,000 per transaction for UPI Collect flow.
MCC 5816: UPI Collect flow is not applicable for this MCC.
MCC 6540: UPI Collect flow is not applicable for this MCC.
Updated 23 days ago