UPI or Unified Payments Interface is an immediate real-time payment system that helps in instantly transferring the funds between the two bank accounts.
You can accept payments from customers through UPI apps such as Google Pay, BHIM UPI and PhonePe, and also directly by entering the UPI VPA. Cashfree supports two types of integration methods, you can select the method which best suits your business.
- API Request
- Intent Flow
- UPI Link (Whatsapp)
The seamless UPI API flow allows merchants to collect UPI payments. The primary API is used to create a collect request to customers phone. Once the payment is confirmed a callback will be sent to the notifyUrl. As an alternate, Order Status API also can be used to poll the status of the order. To improve the success rates, Validate VPA API can also be used.
Available UPI Modes
- Collect: Send a collect request to a particular user VPA. (Default method)
- Google Pay: Send direct notification to google pay for the customers to make the payment. Customers can also enter the phone number to complete the payment. To use this mode, verify your VPA and do a penny test on the Google Pay Dashboard. Google Pay will send the MID to Cashfree. This will enable GPay OMNI channel flow.
- QR Code: Customer can scan and pay the QR code using any UPI app.
- Link: Pay using a UPI scheme link using any UPI app.
- Intent: Customers select the UPI app on the device to make the payment.
Click here to know more.
With UPI intent you can provide customers with a smoother payment experience through UPI without them having to switch between multiple applications to complete the payment.
- Better success rates and faster payments - There is no dependency on UPI app notifications and payment request SMS.
- Customers do not have to remember their UPI VPAs to make the payments
- Customers have the flexibility to use any UPI application available on their mobile device to make the payment.
- Customer adds items to their cart available on your website or application and proceeds to make the payment.
- Customer selects UPI as the preferred payment method. A list of available UPI apps on their device supporting the intent flow will be displayed.
- Customer selects their preferred application to make the payment.
- The selected UPI application opens with all the required details pre-populated.
- Customer enters their UPI PIN to complete the payment.
- Customer will be redirected to your application or website immediately after the payment.
- UPI Intent Flow for Web Checkout on Mobile - UPI intent flow is supported by default for checkout integration on mobile.
UPI Applications Supported
Safari - customers must approve to open the UPI application to make the payment.
- UPI Intent Flow for Mobile SDK - UPI intent flow is supported for Android, iOS and other hybrid platforms like React Native and Flutter. Customers can make payments using any of the UPI applications available on the device. For example, if a customer has installed BHIM and GooglePay, only those two applications will be available to make the payment.
Create UPI links and share them with customers via Whatsapp or any similar application to accept payments. Customers must click the link in the message and make payment using GooglePay, PhonePe, Paytm or any other supported UPI application. Click here to know how to integrate.
Updated about a month ago