Learn how to configure webhook, logs, analytics, and service alerts.
Add and define webhooks for Payment Gateway products such as Payment Links and Payment Forms. Get notified for each action on the URLs configured.
Add a Webhook URL
To add a new webhook,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Developers or click the Developers option from the homepage.
- Click Add Webhook URL to create a new webhook. Configure the webhook type using the drop-down menu. The available webhook types are: Payment Success, Payment Failed, and User Dropped.
- Configure the API version using the drop-down. menu. The available API versions are 2021-09-21 and 2022-09-01.
- Enter the webhook URL and click Test & Add.
- Review your selections and click Add. The webhook is added successfully. You can be enabled or disable a webhook from the Configuration page.
The Logs section allows you to view all webhook logs(successful or failed) on your dashboard. Specify the date range to view logs for a particular period.
Use the Search & Filter option to view specific logs. Enter the URL and select the required webhook type from the drop-down menu.
Click on a particular request to view more details such as message, time, version, header details, and the payload. If you want to view success or failed logs, navigate to the respective tabs.
Watch the video below to learn how logs work.
The webhook analytics feature provides you with contextual information on the webhook metrics that allow you to track, monitor, and assess the success or failure of your webhooks. Metrics such as Error Counts and Latency are available.
Specify the date range to view the metrics for a particular period. Use the Search & Filter option to view specific logs. Enter the URL and select the required webhook type from the drop-down menu.
An error count is the count of the different errors received when sending webhooks. Metrics such as the total success count and total failed count are visible. Hover your mouse over the individual date to view the success or failed count.
Latency is the time taken to respond to webhooks. Hover your mouse over the individual date to view the latency count. The average latency value is also provided.
The Service Alerts tab allows you to:
- Add webhook URL
- Activate or deactivate webhooks
To add a new webhook,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Developers > Service Alerts,
- Click Add Webhook URL and specify a valid webhook URL.
- Click Test & Add to save the webhook URL. Review your selections and click Add. The webhook is added successfully.
To activate or de-activate a webhook URL, use the toggle button beside the corresponding webhook.
Updated about 1 month ago