To create a payment link you need first add your product and customer details. You can share the payment link via SMS, email, Whatsapp or any other platform. You can also set auto-reminders to receive the payment.
To create a Payment Link,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Payment Links > click Create Payment Link.
- In the Payment For field explain what the customer is making the payment for. Keep this text short and clear. This information is important for customers to understand the purpose of payment.
- Select Allow partial payments if your business accepts partial payments from customers.
- Set the Link Expiry limit.
- Enter the customer details (phone number and email ID) to send the payment link.
- Select the option Send Auto Reminders to send payment reminders automatically to your customers.
- Enable Send Auto Reminders option to notify your customers about the payment. Click here to know more.
- You can add the Link ID and additional description for your reference. This will not be visible to your customers.
- Click Create & Send to send the payment link to your customer.
You can also use our API to create payment links. Click here to know more.
With Cashfree Payment Links, you have the option to send auto-reminders to your customers about the payment via SMS and email. When you create Payment Links and if the option Send Auto Reminders is enabled, by default, reminders will be sent 1 day after creating the payment link, the subsequent day, and 1 day before the payment link expires. All reminders will be sent between 12 PM to 6 PM.
You can also decide when you want to remind your customers based on your business requirements. You can send a maximum of three reminders for a particular payment link. Contact your account manager to set the required payment reminder options for your account.
You can send any 3 payment reminders from the following available options:
- Based on payment link creation date - 1, 2, 3, 7, 14 days after creating the link
- Based on payment link expiry date - 1, 2, 3, 7, 14 days before the payment link expires
Example: A payment link is created on the 1st of September, and the expiry date is the 30th of September. You can send a maximum of three reminders to customers. You can select to send the reminders from the dates specified here - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 14th day of creating the payment link/before the payment link expires.
Use the Batch feature to create a large number of payment links at a time. Add all the required details in a single file as per the required format and upload the file in the Batch section. Download the sample file to know what details are required to be filled in the batch file.
To initiate a batch upload,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Payment Links > Batch > click Upload File.
- Click Choose a File to select the file you want to upload and then click Upload. The uploaded file will be visible in the Batch section.
- Download the file after it is processed to view the details. If there are any errors in the file, correct the errors and upload the file again.
Each time your customers open a Payment Link and attempt payment, a new Order is created against that link. It gives you information on how many times a particular customer has clicked the link before making the full payment. Details of partial payment details are available here. You can use these details to follow up with customers and improve your conversion rate.
To view the details against each payment link, go to PG Dashboard > Payment Links > Orders.
You can filter for a specific date range to view the order details. You can use view the details based on the statuses - Success, Pending, Failed, User Dropped, and Incomplete.
Updated about 2 months ago