Settlement Recon Report
A new report Settlement Recon is available to help you with a faster reconciliation for all types of settlements within minutes, for a selected date range. The Settlement Reconc report provides the list of settlements received in the specified date range, along with detailed information about transactions, adjustments/refunds against transactions, disputes, and more, corresponding to the settlements received.
To generate the settlement reconc report,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Reports.
- In the Report Type field, select Settlement Recon and click Generate Reports.
- Select the date range for which you want to view the report. You can also select the file format (csv or xlsx).
- Click Generate Report. You can download the report after it has been generated.
The downloaded report has two sections, Summary and Reconciliation Details.
Summary - Gives a summarized view of all the settlements received from Cashfree Payments for the selected time period. Details like total transaction amount, settlement amount, adjustments, UTR, settlement type and charges, are available in the Summary section.
Reconciliation Details - Shows all individual events associated with settlements for the selected time period. Events like Payments, Refunds, Settlements, Disputes, and details associated with each event are shown in the Reconciliation Details section. Since all events associated with a single settlement are available in a single report, it makes reconciliation faster and much simpler for you.
Sample report is available here.
Steps to Reconcile Settlements
- Get the Settlement UTR/ID of the settlement you want to reconcile from the Settlement Summary section in the downloaded report.
- Search for all events associated with the Settlement UTR/ID in the Reconciliation Details section.
- Calculate the total amount of all individual events of the selected Settlement UTR/ID, and it should be equal to the net settlement amount in the Settlement Summary section for the same UTR.
- Check if the total amount of all the payments in the selected UTR matches the settlement amount of the settlement in the settlement summary section.
In the same way, you can now map all the credits and debits for all settlements received in the selected time period. Within minutes you can now reconcile your settlements for an entire month's of data.
PAYMENT - A credit entry that corresponds to the payment made by the customer. It contains all the details associated with that payment such as customer details, reference ID, payment mode, etc.
REFUND - A debit entry that corresponds to the refund initiated to the customer. It contains all the details associated with that refund such as refund ARN, refund type, transaction amount, etc.
REFUND_REVERSAL - A credit entry that corresponds to the refund reversal initiated to your account.
CHARGEBACK - A debit entry which includes details about the chargeback raised by the customer against a transaction.
CHARGEBACK_REVERSAL - A credit entry which includes details about the chargeback reversal cleared against a transaction.
OTHER_ADJUSTMENT - A debit/credit entry to manage adjustments.
DISPUTE - A debit entry for a dispute raised against a transaction. It contains all the details associated with that dispute such as status, transaction amount etc.
DISPUTE_REVERSAL - A credit entry for a dispute reversal cleared/closed against a transaction.
Updated 9 months ago