After you have successfully created an account with Cashfree Payments, the next step is to activate your account. To initiate account activation, you must first verify your email ID.
The verification email is sent to your email provided during sign up. Click the verification link in the email to verify your account.
After successful verification, sign in to the Merchant home page using your credentials.
By default, you are in the test environment. Click SWITCH TO PRODUCTION to access the live environment.
You must activate your account to access the production environment and accept payments from customers. To activate the account, you must first fill in details about your business and upload the required documents. Follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Merchant home page and click ACTIVATE on the desired product.
- Fill in information about your business, bank details to process settlements and to manage payouts, and KYC information. These details will be sent for verification.
The status changes to "IN REVIEW" for verification.
After successful verification, you can access the production environment for your business transactions.
Information to be provided as part of the activation process is available below.
If your business address and GST registered address are different, clear the checkbox in the above screen and enter the GST registration address.
The KYC information required differs based on the business type selected.
The Profile section gives you control of overall activities around your account. You can control some of the basic account settings, two-factor authentication, monitor login history, and view your tax invoices with Cashfree Payments.
You to view your profile information like email, name, and phone number registered with Cashfree Payments. The customer support email that should be shown to your customers must be specified here.
If you want to change your Cashfree Payments account password, you can do that in the My Information section.
Your Cashfree Payments account's 2FA Authentication is a method to confirm user claimed identities by using a combination of two different factors: sign-in password and OTP. By default, SMS OTP for authentication is configured for your account. You can configure it to receive the OTP on your email as well.
If you do not want to use the OTP based authentication, you can configure your account to allow authentication via Google Authenticator App.
The Login History section shows information regarding successful logins by you and other users added to your Cashfree Payments account.
The monthly invoices generated for your Cashfree Payments account is available in the Profile section. You can download the invoices for your future reference.
In the Access Management section, you can add users and provide full or restricted access to your account. You can assign specific permissions as per their work profile.
- Add a new alias/user
- Change the status of an alias
- Reset password for an alias
- Delete an alias
- Edit product level permissions for an alias
New alias and Assign Permissions
To add a new alias,
- Log in to your Cashfree Payments account > click Settings in the left navigation.
- In the Settings screen, select Access Management in the General settings section.
- In the Access Management screen, click Add Alias.
- Enter the registered email address, phone number, and name of the user you want to add as an alias to your account.
- Click Create to save the details. A success message appears as shown below after you add the user details. The steps to access the account will be sent on the registered email ID you have specified for the user.
- Click Assign Permissions to allow access to the product and the features for the user.
- Select the product and the features that you want the user to have access to. You can add/modify the permissions at any time.
Update Alias Status and Permissions
You can change the status of the alias to Active or Inactive. To change the status of an alias, click the toggle button against each alias.
To update the permissions for an alias, click the dropdown option against the alias and click Update Permissions.
You can Edit Details, Reset Password, and Delete the alias details as well.
Below is the detailed list of permissions for Payouts. You can view similar details for all products in the Assign Permissions screen by logging in to your Cashfree Payments Account > Settings > Access Management.
Access Verification Suite
Updated 5 months ago