Auto Collect enables you to collect payments from customers via bank transfers (NEFT, RTGS, IMPS ) and UPI. To do this, you must create virtual accounts for each of your customers and share the account details with them. You will be notified when they make the payment. You can create any number of virtual accounts and receive payments through NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, and UPI automatically from your customers. Use our simple-to-use APIs to integrate and accept payments or you can also use the feature-rich dashboard.
The Auto Collect Dashboard helps you create virtual accounts for your customers, view the payments received, manage settlements, configure your number/email to be notified when your customers make payments, and much more without any integration.
To access the Auto Collect dashboard, you must first sign up with Cashfree.
The summary section provides insight into your daily transactions, that is, the number of payments and the total amount received for the day. It also provides information on the unsettled amount. Click MORE in the Summary screen to view more details.
To view the Summary for the day, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Summary.
Create unique virtual bank account numbers and UPI IDs using the dashboard, and share the details with your customers to accept payments. You must create a new virtual bank account number or UPI ID for each customer, it helps you to track payments and to reconcile if you have received payments from all customers.
Create a virtual account ID for customers who prefer making payments through bank transfers. Create a virtual VPA for customers who prefer making payments through UPI.
Virtual Account ID is a unique identifier that you create to identify each customer. It is part of the virtual bank account number to which the customers make the payment.
Virtual Bank Account Number Format
[Prefix Value][Virtual Account ID]
Let us consider an example of an apartment complex with 100 houses, where the house numbers are from 1 to 100. The Account ID can be the respective house numbers for each customer.
If 12 is the Virtual Account ID of the customer in house number 12, the virtual bank account number where the amount should be sent to will be [sampleprefix]. The prefix is a static value.
Virtual VPA ID is a unique identifier that you create to identify each customer. It is part of the virtual UPI address to which the customer must make the payment. To accept payments through VPA, select the Add virtual VPA option in the Create Virtual Account screen.
Virtual VPA ID Format
[Prefix Value][Virtual VPA ID]@[Partner Bank Handle]
If the Virtual VPA Id of a customer is john, the virtual UPI address where the amount should be sent to will be [sampleprefix][john]@[bankltd]. The prefix value and the bank handles are static values.
To create a virtual account,
- Go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Virtual Account > Create Virtual Account.
- Enter the Virtual Account Id, which is the unique identifier for the customer to accept payments through bank transfers like NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS. To accept payments through VPA, select the Add virtual VPA option.
- Enter the Customer Name, Phone, and Email.
- Select the Notification Group. Notifications will be sent to the email/phone number added in the Notification Group.
- Select the Settlement Bank A/c where you want to receive the payment. You would have provided the bank account details when you signed up with Cashfree. Write to [email protected] if you want to change the bank account for settlements.
- Click SAVE. The virtual bank account details for the customer is created, you can share the details with the customer to receive the payment. The virtual account details for customers is available in the Virtual Accounts screen.
- Select Create Multiple Accounts option to create more than one virtual account where you can receive payments. If one of the partner bank servers are down, you can share the alternate virtual account details to receive payments from your customer.
- If your business mandates you to accept payments through specific bank accounts, select the option Allow transfers only from a specific bank account, and enter the Bank Account number and IFSC.
After creating the virtual account details for your customers, you can edit the Notification Group if you want to receive notifications on any other phone/email. You can also modify the Status of the virtual account to Inactive if you do not want to accept payments from the customer due to some business decisions.
Any payments initiated after you set the status to Inactive will be rejected, and you can view the details of such transactions in the Rejected Payments section.
Use our API to create a virtual account. Click here to know more.
View all the payments that you have received from your customers on the Payments screen. You can filter and see the transactions for the selected period. You can also filter for specific transactions by Virtual Account ID, Virtual UPI, and UTR number.
To view the payments received, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Transactions > click Payments.
Use our APIs to know about the recent payments that you have received in all virtual accounts. Click here to know more.
You may sometimes have to reject the payments due to some business decisions, and you can keep track of all such rejected payments in the Rejected Payments report.
To not accept/reject payments from customers due to some business decisions, set the virtual account status to Inactive in the Create Virtual Account screen. Any payments initiated after you set the status to Inactive will be rejected, and you can view the details of such transactions in the Rejected Payments section.
To view the rejected payments, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Transcations > click Rejected Payments.
Use our APIs to view all the rejected payments. Click here to know more.
All settlement amounts will be credited to your bank account provided during your sign up process with Cashfree. The settlement amount will be credited to your account as per the settlement schedule. The settlement will be made after deducting the service charges that are agreed upon.
For payments made to virtual bank accounts or virtual UPI handles, and settlements to the merchant's payout or current a/c, Auto Collect supports three different settlement cycles - T+1, T+0, and Instant settlements.
T+1 Settlement: Settlement will be made the next day at 08:01 AM for transactions that happen today. You will receive settlements 6 days a week except on 3 national holidays (Republic day, Independence day, and Gandhi Jayanti) and 2nd, 4th Saturday.
T+0 Settlement: Settlement will be made once everyday at 6:01 PM and the remaining balance will be settled the next morning at 08:01 AM. You will receive settlements 6 days a week except on 3 national holidays (Republic day, Independence day, and Gandhi Jayanti) and 2nd, 4th Saturday.
Instant Settlement: Settlements will be made every 30 minutes from 8:15 AM to 6:15 PM. You will receive settlements 6 days a week except on 3 national holidays (Republic day, Independence day, and Gandhi Jayanti) and 2nd, 4th Saturday.
365 Days Settlement: Settlements will be made once every 30 minutes from 8:15 AM to 6:15 PM directly to the merchant's bank account every day of the year irrespective of bank holidays (this includes weekends and national holidays).
To view all the settlements made, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Settlements.
You can download the settlements report month-wise. Go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Settlements > Invoice, select the month, and click Download.
Use our APIs to view all the settlements. Click here to know more.
Webhooks are server callbacks to your server from Cashfree. Webhooks are event-based and are sent when specific events related to the transaction happen.
To configure webhooks,
- Go to Auto Collect Dashboard > on the left navigation click Developers.
- In the Auto Collect section, click Webhooks > Add Webhook URL.
- Enter the URL where you want to receive the updates in the Webhook URL field, and click Test & Add Webhook.
There are 3 webhooks that you can configure for your account:
The AMOUNT_COLLECTED webhook notifies that the amount has been received in your Cashfree Virtual account through Auto Collect.
The TRANSFER_REJECTED webhook notifies that the transfer request was received, but has been rejected due to some reason (mentioned in the field reason).
The AMOUNT_SETTLED webhook notifies that the settlement has been made.
Click here to know more about webhooks.
Cashfree allows you to configure your email IDs or phone number to receive transaction-related notifications. When customers make payments you will be instantly notified on the email/phone number you have provided.
To configure your account to receive notifications when your customers make payments,
- Go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Notifications > Add New Notification Group.
- Enter a Group Name. This will help you identify and select the group to be notified when you create a virtual account.
- Select the Notification Type, either Phone or Email. You can add more than one email/phone to be notified.
- Click Add. Every time a payment is made, the notification will be sent to the respective group selected during the virtual account creation process.
Access control feature allows you to,
- Generate new API Keys, and deactivate existing API Keys which are not required.
- Submit an IPv4 address for whitelisting. View and remove added whitelisted IP address, which is not required.
To add or delete API keys and IP addresses, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Access Control. Select API Keys or IP Whitelist as per your need.
You can create a maximum of 5 API key pairs, and whitelist a maximum of 5 IP addresses. Write to [email protected] for help.
You can configure your Auto Collect account to notify your customers when you have received the amount and when you have rejected the transferred amount. You can also configure your account to receive an email when your customers transfer the amount to you.
To set the notification preferences, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > Preferences and enable the required options.
You can add users and assign permissions based on the requirement and role of the users using the User/Alias Access feature. You can also edit details and permissions of existing users.
To add/manage users, go to Auto Collect Dashboard > User/Alias Access.
Updated 3 months ago