The all-new improved Payment Gateway Dashboard is a feature-rich user interface that helps you manage and monitor your account effectively. It gives you easy access to all the features, better categorisation and helps you manage payments, refunds, and settlements all in one place.
In the new dashboard design, we have enhanced the experience of some common workflows like tracking payments, issuing refunds, managing settlements, and more to make managing business easier for you. The new dashboard will help you with detailed analytics about your day-to-day business and enables you to make better and informed decisions for your business.
We have increased the visibility of useful information and made it easily available for you as per your need. You will see the complete transaction timeline for each payment received, that is, from the time the order was raised to the time it is complete. Details of any refunds that were processed against a particular payment are also visible within the payment screen. Also, the payment methods enabled for your account and other available payment methods are easily visible.
Some tasks in the old dashboard required multiple steps to be done to complete a particular task. We have enhanced all such experiences in the new design. For example, you can initiate refunds from within the payments screen itself. We have focused on common workflows to make them faster and easier for you.
The search and filter functionality is enhanced, and you can search for a particular transaction or a type of transaction seamlessly.
The summary section provides an overview of your business. It gives you details about your daily, weekly, and monthly transactions. You can see your recent settlements, unsettled amount, disputed and suspicious transactions if any. You can also view payment-related metrics like the total number of transactions and refund amount (amount-wise or transactions count-wise).
If your business accepts multiple payment methods, you get a view of your customers' most preferred payment methods.
In the Transactions section, you can view details of Payments, Refunds, Batch Refunds, Disputes, and Suspicious transactions. You can seamlessly navigate between each of these sections. The status of each transaction is also available.
Various filters are supported to give you the flexibility to search and filter for the required transactions.
The Payments tab displays all the payments made by your customers. In this section, you can also see the customer details, amount, payment status, payment method used, and more against the order.
With the new dashboard, you can easily initiate full or partial refunds from the same screen. There are various filters supported to help you analyse the payments.
To view the payments,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Transactions > Payments.
- Specify the date range to view payments for a particular period. You also have the option to search and filter for the required transactions.
Search & Filter - Using this option you can search by specifying Order ID, Transaction ID, Phone Number, and Email ID. You can also filter based on transaction status, payment method used, and order amount. You will see only those filtered transactions.
Click on a particular transaction to view more details about the payment. The detailed screen appears as shown below:
In the payment details screen, you can see:
- Customer details like name, phone number, email ID, customer reference ID, and IP address from where the payment was made is available.
- Payment timeline - Payment status, payment method used to complete the transaction, card details, currency used to make payment is available. The various statuses a transaction may go through is,
You can also initiate refunds from the Payments screen. Click the Refunds icon to make full or partial refunds.
Easily initiate refunds from the Payment Gateway Dashboard when customers request for return of products. In some scenarios when you have a large number of refunds to be made, you can use the [Batch Refunds] feature to process the refunds in one go.
The Refunds tab lists all the refunds that are initiated for the date range selected. You can use the Search and Filter options to search for any particular refund or filter for refunds based on the statuses.
Click on a particular transaction where a refund has been initiated to view more details about the refund. The detailed screen appears as shown below:
In the refund details screen, you can see:
- Customer details like name, phone number, email ID, customer reference ID, and IP address from where the payment was made is available.
- Payment timeline - Refund details and the payment details are available. The various statuses a refund may go through is, Refunded, Pending, and Failed.
You can only initiate refunds against orders where payments are successful. Refunds are generally processed within 2 - 5 working days.
If the beneficiary account is inactive or frozen, refunds cannot be processed. You may have to contact the customer for alternate bank account details. You can use our Create Cashgram to send out payment links to your customers and they can receive the refunds using their preferred payment method.
For COD payments, you can use Cashgram to send the refunds. It reduces the processing time for refunds by eliminating the manual work that you would have to do to collect users payment details like, bank account details, UPI, or phone numbers registered with wallets.
To ensure successful refunds ensure you have sufficient balance in your Recharge Account.
To initiate a refund,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Payments.
- Search for the transaction you want to initiate a refund for, and click the Initiate Refund icon.
- Enter the Refund Amount, and a note if required. You can do a partial or full refund. For instant settlements, write to [email protected]
- Click OK to initiate the refund. The refund amount will be credited to the customer's account.
You need to have a sufficient balance in your Recharge Account to initiate a refund. If you do not have a sufficient balance, click RECHARGE to view the account details to which you need to transfer funds.
Use the Batch Refunds feature to initiate refunds for a large number of transactions at a time. Add all the required details in a single file as per the required format and upload the file in the Batch Refunds section. Download the sample file to know what details are required to be filled in the batch file.
To initiate Batch Refunds,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Transactions > Batch Refunds > click Upload File.
- Click Choose a File to select the file you want to upload and then click Upload. The uploaded file will be visible in the Batch Refunds section.
- Click on the file to view the individual transaction details uploaded in the file.
The maximum file size allowed is 10 MB, and a maximum of 10000 records can be included in the file.
The file cannot be uploaded if it is not as per the suggested format. Also, if there are any errors in the uploaded file, you must resolve all the errors and upload the file again.
You can view the status of the uploaded files and also download them to view more details.
When customers do not receive products or services they had paid for and contact Cashfree to raise a dispute, such transactions will be marked as disputed transactions by Cashfree. Also, any fraudulent transactions that are reported will be marked as disputed transactions. Merchants should process such orders or submit supporting documents to get these disputes resolved.
When customers request for refund due to reasons like unauthorised transactions, poor product quality or not having received the right product, the extra amount charged, such problems when routed through the card holder’s bank will be marked as a chargeback.
To view disputed transactions, go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Disputes.
You can use the Filter option to view
Dispute Closed and
Transactions are marked as Chargeback when customers report a transaction to the bank, and the bank informs Cashfree. Amount deducted will be credited back to the customer account.
Click here to know more about disputes and chargeback.
Transactions that may potentially attract a customer dispute or a chargeback are identified by Cashfree and our banking partners. Such transactions are marked as Suspicious transactions and will be analysed by Cashfree. Settlements against such transactions will be put on hold until the issue is resolved. Click here to know more.
Settlement is the process through which you receive money paid by your customers via Cashfree Payment Gateway for the products or services provided. All the settlement amounts will be credited to your bank account provided during your sign up with Cashfree. The settlement will be made as per the settlement schedule. By default, the settlement cycle is t + 2 days, where 't' is the day the transaction happened. Settlements will not be processed on bank holidays.
If your business requires instant settlements, write to [email protected] to enable the instant settlement feature.
All settlements will be made after deducting the refund charges (if any) and service charges that are agreed upon. If any disputes were raised, those charges would also be deducted from the settlement amount.
The Settlement tab gives you details of all the settlements you have received against all the orders - Instant Settlements, Standard Settlements, and Vendor Settlements.
To view settlements,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Transactions > Settlements.
- Click Instant, to view details about the settlements you have received instantly.
- Click Standard, to view details about the settlements you have received as per the standard settlement cycle.
- Click Vendor to view details of all the settlements made to the vendors as part of easy split.
Click the download icon against each settlement to download and view the details of all the settled transactions and adjustments.
Easy Split feature automates splitting of payments with vendors and partners on time. With Easy Split, you can collect payments, set up a flexible settlement cycle and simplify customer refund management.
Seamlessly split payments to all associated vendors (payable entities), manage settlements and reconcile with ease. With this feature, you can disburse payments to multiple vendors involved in a transaction in one go.
Integrate with our Payment Gateway using web checkout or our mobile SDKs to split payments to vendors. We support both product dashboard and API based operations to meet your requirements related to vendor or split.
Contact your account manager to enable this feature. Click here to know more.
Cashfree Payment Links are the easiest way to receive payments from your customers for any goods or services, without taking them to any app or website. Create a payment link with the details of the product and share it with the customer via SMS, email, WhatsApp, Instagram, or other platforms and receive payments. Payment Links is a no-code payment solution. You do not have to integrate with a payment gateway or write any code. You can easily start accepting payments in minutes.
You can create payment links using the dashboard. The link is sent to the customer via SMS and email. The customer can pay via their preferred payment method. All major payment methods are supported. More than 120 payment modes including UPI, debit and credit cards, net banking, wallets, etc are supported. Customers can choose from a wide range of payment options to make the payment. Click here to know more about Payment Links.
Product Links feature allows you to add the products you sell to your Cashfree Account and share the links with your customers to receive payments. You do not have to create or manage a separate website to sell your products. You can make sales, send payment links, initiate refunds, reconcile payments, and manage settlements, all within your Cashfree Account.
To create a Product Link,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Product Links > Create Product Link.
- Enter the Product Details and Payment Details as shown in the image below:
- Click Create to save the product details. The product link that can be shared with your customers will be available. To accept payments, you can share this link with your customers via any channel like Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, messages, and others.
All the products added, will be shown in the Product Links screen. You can edit the product details or delete the product by clicking the respective icons against each product.
There are various reports that Cashfree provides you that help you reconcile transactions, view adjustments and settlements made, and analyse your business transactions.
The new improved design supports specific reports for payment links, product links, vendor settlements, and more. You can view these reports day-wise, week-wise or for a custom date range. You can also download generated reports and use them for further analysis.
To view the reports,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > Reports.
- In the Report Type field, select the report you want to view, and click Generate.
You also have the option to download the report (in .xls or .csv format) for any further analysis.
- Product Link Orders
- Payment Link Transactions
- Vendor Settlements
Click here to view more about Reports.
Customise payment methods, set up email notifications for yourself and your customers, view your bank account details registered with us, and also customise the payment screen to reflect your brand. Customise the payment page by including your logo, and your brand colour.
Cashfree supports multiple payment methods, you can configure what is relevant for your business. Contact your account manager to enable the required payment methods.
All the payment methods that are activated for your account and the methods that are available will be displayed in the Payment Methods screen.
To view the activated payment methods, go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > in the left navigation bar click Settings > select Payment Methods. A sample Payment Methods screen is shown below:
If PayPal is activated for your account, you will see the details at the bottom of the Payment Methods screen as shown below:
Your registered bank account details with Cashfree where you will receive settlements are shown here. Also, the recharge account and any accounts that are inactive currently will also be shown here.
Contact your account manager to update any of the details shown in the Bank Account screen.
You can customise your payment checkout screen and emails sent from your account easily using the Payment Gateway Dashboard. You can add your company logo, change the theme colour, and add colour of your choice to the payment screen.
Adding your company logo may help customers get familiarised with identifying your company with the logo as well.
To customise the payment screen,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > in the left navigation bar select Settings.
- In the Settings screen, select Branding.
- Upload your brand logo and set the brand colour.
- Click Apply to save the changes. The preview is shown on the right side of the screen. You can modify it as per your company brand.
Configure API keys and service alerts in the Developers section.
To view or generate the API Keys,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard> in the left navigation bar select Developers.
- In the API Keys screen, click Generate API Keys to generate a new pair of keys. If you have already generated, you can view the API key details on the same screen.
Click the reset icon to reset the API keys. Transactions that are using the current Secret Key will fail after you reset it.
Only one pair of API keys can be generated. Do not share the API key details on any public domain.
Cashfree service alerts section allows you to:
- Turn on or off webhook and email updates.
- Configure webhook URL.
To configure the webhook URL,
- Go to Payment Gateway Dashboard > in the left navigation bar, select Developers.
- In the Developers screen, go to the Service Alerts section and click Add Webhook URL.
- In the Add Webhook screen, specify a valid webhook URL where you want to receive updates.
- Click Test & Add to save the webhook URL. You will start receiving service alerts in the specified URL.
The Profile section gives you details about your account. You can add, delete, manage alias users from this section. You can set up two-factor authentication methods, change your security preferences, view your account login history, and much more in the Profile section. Click here for more information.
Updated 12 days ago