The Payment Gateway dashboard is a feature-rich user interface that helps you to effectively manage and monitor your account. Using the Payment Gateway Dashboard you can send payment links instantly and collect money for orders placed, manage refunds, view and download transactions for your analysis, provide accurate transactions statuses instantly to your customers, and much more with minimal or no integration effort.
New Payment Gateway Dashboard
We have improved the design and experience of the Payment Gateway Dashboard. Click here to know more.
To access the Payment Gateway dashboard, you must first sign up with Cashfree. To start real-time transactions you must activate your account.
The summary section provides insight into your daily and weekly transactions. It also provides information on the settled and unsettled amount.
Using the Orders section in the Payment Gateway dashboard, you can create new payment links and accept payments from your customers without having to integrate with the payment gateway. You can set an expiry time limit for collecting payments against the orders, and can also choose to create payment links in bulk to save time. Just add the order and customer details to create a new payment link.
Cashfree will send payment links to your customers via SMS and Email. Customers can click on the payment link received and complete the payment using one of the various payment methods available, such as credit/debit card, net banking, wallets, UPI, and PayPal. We will notify you when your customers complete the payments. Here, the amount will be prefilled. Customers can make the payment for the amount set.
You can filter and view an existing order using customer phone number, customer email, order ID, or order status.
To create a payment link,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Orders > View Orders > click NEW ORDER.
- Enter the Order Id, Currency, Order Amount, Order Note, Customer Name, Customer Email, Customer Phone, and the number on which you want to receive the payment confirmation message.
- Select the checkbox Send Email & SMS notifications to customer, if you want to send payment links to your customers automatically.
- Click CREATE to create the payment link. If the option to send the link to customers is selected, the payment link will be sent automatically to your customers.
You may want to set a date or time beyond which you do not want to receive payments using the payment links. In these scenarios, you can specify the expiry limit for the payment links. By default, the expiry limit is set to 30 days. You can modify it as per your requirement.
To set an expiry limit for the payment links,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Orders > Link Expiry.
- Select the required duration. After this time period, the payment link will expire and your customers will not be able to make the payment. A new payment link must be sent to them to receive the payment.
Use the Bulk Orders feature to create and send a large number of payment links to your customers in one go. You have to upload the order and customer details in the file format suggested to send payment links to your customers via SMS and email.
To upload a bulk payment file,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Orders > Bulk Orders.
- Download a sample format in which you need to provide the order details.
- Fill in the details and save the file.
- Click CHOOSE FILE to select the file with all the details and then click SUBMIT. After successful processing, payment links will be sent to your customers via SMS and Email.
PayMe is a specially crafted payment link to collect payments from your customers for the services/products that you provide. The same PayMe link can be used by multiple customers to make the payment. Here, the amount is not fixed, customers can enter an amount of their choice or as per what has been agreed with you. You will be notified when customers make the payment.
Let us consider an example of an event being organised to raise funds for a cause. In this scenario, the amount will not be fixed, participants contribute as per their choice. To collect funds, the organiser creates a PayMe link and adds it in their website or can also share it with everyone. Interested participants click the link, select the preferred payment mode, fill in other details and make the payment. The organiser will be notified about these payments. Manual effort of collecting the payment and keeping note of each contribution is simplified using the PayMe feature.
To send the PayMe payment link, you need to first create a PayMe link.
To create a PayMe payment link,
- Go to PG Dashboard > PayMe > Add PayMe Link.
- Enter a PayMe Identifier and PayMe Description. PayME Identifier - the URL identifier, PayME Description - reason for payment request.
- Enter the phone number on which you want to be notified when your customers make the payments. You can also add a secondary phone number.
- Click Create A PayMe Link. You can now select this PayMe link in the Send PayMe Link section to send payment requests to your customers.
To send a PayMe Link,
- Go to PG Dashboard > PayMe > Send PayMe Link.
- In the Choose PayMe Link field, select the PayMe identifier which you have already created to collect the payments. Click here for more information on how to create a PayMe link.
- Enter the customer phone number or email. The payment link will be sent to the customer, ensure that you provide the right details.
- Enter Amount, and click Update. The payment link will be sent to the customer.
To view all the PayMe transactions that you have sent to your customers,
- Go to PG Dashboard > PayMe > PayMe Transactions.
- Use the FILTER option to view the transaction details for the required period.
You can view and download the payment details made using the PayMe option for the period specified.
To generate a payment report,
- Go to PG Dashboard > PayMe > PayMe Report.
- Click GENERATE REPORT.
- Select the date range and the PayMe link.
- Click GENERATE. You can download the report for your analysis.
In the PayMe details section, you can edit or delete an existing PayMe link, check the status of an existing PayMe link. Click EDIT FORM to customise the PayMe link.
With Cashfree you can directly integrate with PayPal using PayPal's Express Checkout. It helps your customers with faster checkout and better payment experience.
Create a new PayPal account or use your existing PayPal account and link to Cashfree Payment Gateway to accept payments from your customers. You can accept payments from international customers using this account.
To link your PayPal account for the first time,
- Go to PG Dashboard > PayPal > Setup.
- Click Connect with PayPal in the PayPal Account screen.
- Enter your PayPal account credentials and submit your business details. Refresh PG Dashboard after you complete the signup with PayPal. Your PayPal account will be linked with Cashfree.
- Set the active and default currency for your PayPal transactions.
You can view all the PayPal transactions that you have made with your customers in the Paypal Transactions screen. You can also view these transactions in PG Dashboard > Transactions screen.
After setting up your account, you can enable multiple currencies as per your business requirements. By default, USD will be your primary currency since most of PayPal users can make a payment using it. INR is a restricted currency within PayPal, you must complete your KYC to enable it.
Accept Payments Through all Currencies
You have the option to accept payments through currencies which are not enabled in your PayPal account as well. This will help you accept payments from customers across various countries.
To enable accepting payments automatically in currencies which are not enabled for your account,
- Access https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/preferences/payments by logging into your PayPal business account.
- Select the option Yes, accept and convert them to U.S. dollars in the Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold.
PayPal transactions will be settled by PayPal directly. Cashfree does not handle these settlements.
You must issue refunds directly from the PayPal Dashboard. We currently do not support refunds for PayPal transactions.
If you had already configured your PayPal account and had been accepting payments through it, you have to authorize Cashfree again to collect payments. This is mandatory due to the new integration process with PayPal. The new APIs offer better security and will improve the experience of using PayPal through Cashfree.
To authorize Cashfree and continue using PayPal,
- Go to PG Dasboard > PayPal > Set Up > enter PayPal credentials.
- Click Return to Cashfree Payments India Private Limited. Once you complete this process, send an email to [email protected] confirming the same.
View all the transactions that have happened along with the transaction status, in the Transactions section in the PG Dashboard. You get an overview of the transaction count, amount and the balance amount for the selected date range in this section.
Use the filter option to retrieve the list of transactions using customer phone number, customer email, order ID, reference ID, order amount, transaction status, and capture status for preauthorization transactions for the desired date range. You can also download all the transactions for the selected date range for further analysis.
To view the transactions,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Transactions > Transactions.
- Select the required Date Range and view the transactions and the corresponding details.
- To filter the transactions by a particular customer name, phone number and so on, click the Search By option and select the required parameter and click FILTER. You will see only those filtered transactions.
To bulk upload the transaction status for preauthorized transactions,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Transactions > Bulk Capture.
- Select Capture as the file type to upload the confirmed orders. Customers account will be debited for these orders. Select Void as the file type for cancelled orders. The amount will be sent back to the customers account instantly.
- Download the sample file and fill in the details in the format specified in the file, and upload the file.
- Click Submit. The transaction status is shown against each transaction.
- Capture - Select status as Capture for confirmed transactions and deduct complete payment for the order.
- Void - Select status as Void for cancelled transactions. Refunds will be initiated for these transactions.
Use our APIs to mark preauthorized transactions as Capture or Void. Click here to know more.
Settlement is the process through which you receive money paid by your customers via Cashfree Payment Gateway for the products or services provided. All the settlement amount will be credited to your bank account provided during your sign up with Cashfree. The settlement amount will be credited to your account as per the settlement schedule. By default, the settlement cycle is t + 2 days, where 't' is the day on which the transaction happened. Settlements are not processed on bank holidays.
The settlements will be made after deducting the refund charges (if any) and service charges that are agreed upon. If any disputes were raised, those charges will also be deducted from the settlement amount.
If your business requires instant settlements, write to [email protected] to use this feature.
To view settlements, go to PG Dashboard > Settlements > Settlements.
You get an overview of the total transaction amount, adjustments/refunds against transactions and the total settlement amount. You can download the settlement report for further analysis.
The bank section allows you to view your account details for payment gateway accounts with Cashfree.
Easily initiate refunds from the PG Dashboard when customers request for return of products. In some scenarios when you have a large number of refunds to be made, you can use the Bulk Refund feature to process the refunds in one go.
You can only initiate refunds against orders where payments are successful. Refunds are generally processed within 5 working days.
If the beneficiary account is inactive or frozen, refunds cannot be processed. You may have to contact the customer for an alternate bank account details. Instead, you can use our Cashgram to send out payment links to your customers and they can receive the refunds using one of the payment modes provided.
For COD items, you can use Cashgram to send the refunds. It reduces the processing time for refunds by eliminating the manual work that you would have to do to collect users payment details like, bank account details, UPI, or phone number registered with wallets.
Ensure you have sufficient balance in your Recharge Account before you initiate refunds.
With instant refunds, a business can send money back to the customer’s original payment source instantly without any manual intervention. Write to [email protected] to use this feature.
- Cards: Master card & Visa (both debit & credit)
- UPI: All UPI Apps
To initiate a refund,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Refunds > NEW REFUND.
- Search for the respective payment transaction either by transaction ID or order ID, and enter the details.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter the Refund Amount and a Refund Note.
- Click Initiate Refund to process the refund. The amount will get refunded to the customer bank account.
You need to have a sufficient balance in your Recharge Account to initiate a refund. If you do not have a sufficient balance, click RECHARGE to view the account details to which you need to transfer funds.
There are various reports that Cashfree provides you that help you reconcile transactions, view adjustments and settlements made, and analyse your business transactions. You can view these reports day-wise, week-wise or for a custom date range. You can also download generated reports and use them for further analysis.
View Transactions Report
To generate the transactions report,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Reports > Transaction Reports.
- Click Generate Reports in the Your Transactions Report screen.
- Select the date range for which you want to view the report.
- Select the status of the transactions that you want to view. You have the option to view all transactions based on the transaction status, Success or Failed.
- Click Generate. The report will be created based on the criteria you have filtered. You can download the report after it has been generated.
View Other Reports
You can view other summary reports like Settlement, Refunds, Paytm, and Ledger for the desired date range. You can view all the settlements and refunds made, Paytm transactions and ledgers transactions made in the selected date range. You can also view your invoices month-wise.
To view the summary reports,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Reports > Other Reports.
- Select the required Report Type (Settlement, Refund, Paytm, Ledger) in the Summary Report screen.
Select the Date Range.
- Click Download. The selected report for the specified date range will get downloaded.
View Transactions Month-Wise
To view the invoices month-wise,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Reports > Other Reports.
- In the Monthly Invoice section, select the month for which you want to view the invoice.
- Click Download to download the invoice for the selected month.
Transactions that may have the potential to attract a customer dispute or a chargeback are identified by Cashfree as well as banking partners and are marked as suspicious transactions. The payment to the merchants against such transactions will be put on hold until the issue is resolved. Click here to know more.
When customers do not receive products or services they had paid for and contact Cashfree to raise a dispute, such transactions will be marked as disputed transactions by Cashfree. Also, any fraudulent transactions that are reported will also be marked as disputed transactions. Merchants should process such orders or submit supporting documents to get these disputes resolved.
When customers request for refund due to reasons like poor product quality or not having received the right product, such problems when routed through the card holder’s bank will be marked as a chargeback. These transactions are also available in the Disputes section of the PG Dashboard. Click here for more information on chargeback.
To view disputes which are yet to be resolved, go to PG Dashboard > Disputes > Open Disputes. The open disputes section allows you to view the transaction details for which a dispute has been raised and is yet to be resolved. You can view these details and take appropriate action.
To view disputes that are closed, go to PG Dashboard > Disputes > Closed. The closed disputes section allows you to view details for resolved disputes.
You can customise your payment checkout screen easily using the PG Dashboard. You can add your company logo, change the theme colour, and add colour of your choice to the Pay Now button.
Adding your company logo may help customers get familiarised with identifying your company with the logo as well.
Cashfree notifications allows you to configure upto five email IDs to receive important transaction-related notifications
You can configure your account to receive email notifications for:
- Service alerts
The credentials section lets you manage your API keys for test and production environments. It allows you to reset or deactivate existing API Keys.
To generate or view your Test and Production API Keys,
- Go to www.cashfree.com > click Login > enter your Email ID and Password provided during the signup process.
- Select the product that you are integrating with > click Credentials in the Product Dashboard.
For authentication purpose, you need to reenter your password. The Production and Test API keys are shown.
You can add users and assign roles and permissions using the User/Alias Access section. You can also edit details and permissions of existing users.
To add/manage users, go to PG Dashboard > User/Alias Access. You can add/edit/delete user access, and manage permissions.
Cashfree service alerts section allows you to:
- Turn on or off webhook and email updates.
- Configure webhook URL.
- Update email list.
To configure webhook URL,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Service Alerts > click Configure Webhook in the Service Updates screen.
- Provide a webhook URL.
- Select POST/PUT Method.
- Select the Content-Type as application/json or application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
- Click TEST WEBHOOK to check if the webhook call is working as expected.
Updated 10 months ago