Learn in detail about how to create a plan in Cashfree Payments.
Plan lets your customers identify the features you offer along with the pricing. You can create multiple plans from which your customers can see how frequently they’ll be charged for a plan and the unique set of features for each plan and choose a plan that’s right for them.
Example: Netflix Plans - Premium, Basic, Standard, Mobile. Each plan differs and caters for a particular set of audiences.
Cashfree Payments offers two charge models that you can use to charge the customers, Periodic and On-Demand. Click here to know more. To charge your customers for subscriptions, you must first create a plan.
Follow these steps to create a plan:
- From the Payment Gateway dashboard, click Subscriptions > Plans > Create Plan.
- Fill in the following information and click Create Plan. Enter the Plan ID. It is a unique ID to identify the plan.
- Enter the Plan Name. Plan Name is the name of that plan that appears in the customer portal.
- Enter the Plan Type. There are two types of plans - Periodic, On-Demand. If you select Periodic, customers will be charged a fixed amount at fixed intervals (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly) for the goods/services that you provide. If you select On-Demand - When subscriptions do not have a fixed period or a fixed amount, use this model.
- Enter the Maximum Amount. This is the maximum amount that you can charge your customer. Also, enter the Recurring Amount that will be debited as per the plan type.
- Configure the Charge Customer Once Every option. Use the drop-down to choose the interval period (Day(s), Week(s), Month(s), Year(s), and specify the value in the field to determine the frequency.
- Specify the Max. No. Of. Debits. This is the maximum number of times you can debit your customers using this plan. If left blank, the subscription expiry date will be the completion date. Provide a plan description through the Description option.
Your plan is now successfully created. Once the plan is created, you can create subscriptions using this plan. You can view the created plans from the Plans page as shown below:
You can also use our API to create a plan. Click here to know more.
Updated 17 days ago