Every subscription should have a plan. You can define the duration and the amount which you will charge your customers in the plan.
- Create subscriptions and share the link with customers
- Customer complete the checkout and subscription will be active
- Manage subscriptions
After you have created the plan, the next step is to create a subscription to charge the customers as per the plan created. A notification will be sent to your customers with the checkout link to make the payment.
To create a new subscription,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Subscriptions > View Subscriptions > New Subscription.
- Enter a unique Subscription Id. This is used to identify each subscription.
- Select the Plan which you have already created. Click here to know how to create a plan.
- Enter Customer Email and Customer Phone.
- Enter the Subscriptions Start Date. For the Periodic plan, your customer will be charged on this date.
- Enter the Expiry Date, the last date till the subscription is valid.
- In the Note field, enter a brief description for the subscription. Customers can view this during checkout.
- Enter the Return URL to which customers must be redirected after the subscription has been authorized.
- To send SMS and email notifications to customers directly, select the option Send Email & SMS notifications to customer.
- Click Create. The subscription has been created, and the subscription authorization link has been shared with the customers. The Customer can provide their card details/account number and authorize the subscription.
Use our APIs to create Subscriptions. Click here to know more.
For the checkout to be successful, your customers must authorize the subscription using the link shared. You can use our standard checkout flow or you can customise the checkout experience for your customers as per your requirements. Auto-debits will be enabled only after successful authorization. It saves customers the time and effort to make periodic payments. The payment gets debited automatically based on the plan created.
Customers can select one of the following payment methods for subscriptions:
- Bank Account (e-Mandate)
- Debit/Credit Card
Customers can authorize the subscriptions using their bank account via net banking or debit card. They must enter their bank account details and authorize the subscription. The payment gets debited automatically based on the plan selected.
To authorize using a bank account,
- Customers must select the Bank Account (e-Mandates) payment method on the checkout page.
- Select the preferred authorization mode, either Net Banking or Debit Card.
- Enter the required details, and approve the subscription.
- INDIAN BANK
- EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK LTD
- BANK OF BARODA
- FEDERAL BANK
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA
- HDFC BANK LTD
- CITY UNION BANK LTD
- IDBI BANK LTD
- CITIBANK N A
- DCB BANK LTD
- CANARA BANK
- ICICI BANK LTD
- Cosmos Bank
- IDFC FIRST Bank
- BANDHAN BANK LTD
- UCO BANK
- DEUTSCHE BANK AG
- INDUSIND BANK
- DHANALAXMI BANK
- INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
- EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK LTD
- KARNATAKA BANK LTD
- BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
- KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK LTD
- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
- JANA SMALL FINANCE BANK LTD
- PAYTM PAYMENTS BANK LTD
- THE HONGKONG AND SHANGHAI BANKING CORPORATION LTD
- RBL BANK LIMITED
- SOUTH INDIAN BANK
- STATE BANK OF INDIA
- PUNJAB AND SIND BANK
- STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
- KARUR VYSA BANK
- TAMILNAD MERCANTILE BANK LTD
- DBS BANK INDIA LTD
- UJJIVAN SMALL FINANCE BANK LTD
- YES BANK
- AXIS BANK
Customers can authorize the subscriptions using their debit/credit card. They must enter their card details like card number, cardholder name, card validity details and authorize the subscription. The payment gets debited automatically based on the plan selected.
Payments through all major credit cards are supported. For debit cards, payments through ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Citibank, Canara Bank, and Standard Chartered Bank are supported.
Payments for subscriptions via UPI gives customers the flexibility to pay using any of the UPI applications. Customer must first enter their UPI VPA and authorise the subscription.
Supported payment application: BHIM, Paytm, Indusind Bank App
Payment frequency supported: Monthly and weekly
To authorize using UPI,
- Customers must select the UPI payment method.
- Enter a valid UPI VPA. A notification will be sent to the UPI application.
- Customers must open the app and confirm their subscription. The payment gets deducted based on the subscription plan.
Customers can pay for subscriptions upto Rs. 5000 using their UPI VPA. This payment method cannot be used for payments of more than Rs. 5000 per month.
Once the customer has authorized the subscription, you can easily debit their account either periodically or as per the on-demand plan. In the case of a periodic plan, Cashfree will auto-debit the customer’s account as per the plan interval. For an On-Demand plan, you have to send an API request to Cashfree every time you want to debit your customers. Your customers are notified when the payment gets debited.
For an On-Demand plan, you would have to raise a Payment every time you want to debit your customers. You can raise a payment using any of the following methods:
- Through API request - Charge Subscription.
- Through the dashboard for individual customers.
Go to Subscriptions > View Subscriptions > Details (for the selected subscription) > ACTIONS > On Demand Charge.
- Through the dashboard to initiate payment charges in bulk using the Bulk Payments feature.
Go to Subscriptions > Bulk Payments > Upload .csv file with all the details.
If the payment fails due to insufficient funds, expiration of payment method, and so on, the status of the subscription changes to ON-HOLD. In these scenarios, you can retry the failed transaction from the dashboard or use the Retry Payment API. If the retry is successful, the subscription will be activated, else it continues to be in the ON-HOLD state.
To cancel a subscription, go to PG Dashboard > Subscriptions > View Subscriptions > Subscription Details > click Cancel. The customer will no longer be charged.
Create subscriptions in bulk when you want to create a large number of subscriptions without an API integration. Add all the required details in a file as per the suggested format and upload it. The subscriptions created will be in the Initialized state.
Once the subscriptions are created, download the file to check the file status. This file also contains the checkout link which you can share with your customers using which they can complete the checkout process.
To create subscriptions in bulk,
- Go to PG Dashboard > Subscriptions > Bulk Create Subscriptions > click UPLOAD FILE.
- Click CHOOSE FILE to select the file you want to upload and then click UPLOAD.
Ensure the uploaded file is as per the format suggested in the sample file.
- The uploaded file with the status will be visible in the uploaded files section. Click Download to view the customer details, status, and the payment link.
Updated 3 months ago